Lots of couples are now choosing to say ‘I do’ with a Destination Wedding or Beach Blessing, but with so many options available for travel, it can be tough to know where to get married abroad, or what to do once you get there!
Every country has it’s own laws surrounding licensed marriage. Finding out how you can tie the knot whilst tying your bikini strings can prove quite tricky!
You’ll need to fill in lots of paperwork before the wedding, or reside in that country for a number of days before the ceremony. Some countries even require you to carry legal documentation or visit their embassy on arrival.
Not to mention, your wedding vows may get lost in translation, leaving you with a ceremony that feels far less than sentimental!
Register your marriage in your resident country before you visit…
…then use a British Celebrant to officiate a symbolic blessing abroad!
Samantha is proud to offer her services as an English Speaking Destination Wedding Celebrant for English Speaking couples getting married abroad, or for International couples travelling to the UK for their wedding day.
All you will need to do is register your marriage in the UK or your country of residence before or after your holiday, then have Samantha officiate your symbolic ceremony in your chosen destination.
Your Destination Wedding Ceremony includes:
- Meeting with you approximately 2-3 months before the wedding, to discuss your ideas and identify the perfect wedding ceremony for you. This will either take place in the UK or over Zoom, depending on your location.
- Copy of Samantha’s personally written guide to planning your wedding ceremony whilst getting married abroad.
- Assistance with writing your vows, or the freedom to write your own!
- Assistance with choosing appropriate poems and readings for your service.
- Unlimited contact and guidance throughout the ceremony writing process, including unlimited amendments to your ceremony script as required.
- Professionally written bespoke ceremony script, personally written for you.
- Option to include a symbolic ceremony, such as a Hand Fasting, Sand Ceremony or Unity Candles… or anything else which is more personal to you.
- Samantha will arrive at your destination at least one day before the wedding to meet you in person and hold a rehearsal if you wish. On the day, she will be at your venue from one hour before the ceremony is due to begin, and will stay to toast you as a newly married couple!
- Your wedding ceremony will be officiated in full by Samantha Kelsie in English. (If you wish to say your vows or include readings in another language, you are welcome to do so.)
- Keepsake copy of your full wedding ceremony script and ‘Ceremony Certificate’
- Option to add Master of Ceremonies Service to your day.
Samantha is primarily based in the UK but holds a full valid UK Passport and is willing to travel to any part of the UK, Europe or Worldwide to assist you with your wedding.
Fees for a destination wedding ceremony are dependent on location.
Please contact Samantha direct to discuss your plans.
Please note: A celebrant ceremony is not a legally binding ceremony. For your marriage to be recognised by law in your own country, you must also complete the necessary legal formalities at home before or after your visit to your chosen destination. Celebrant ceremonies do not include the sourcing of a wedding venue. It is the responsibility of the couple to source a suitable venue in advance of their wedding.
Contact Samantha Kelsie
WhatsApp: (+44) 7783 141 202